Bonus: Ada Palmer talks about Gene Wolfe, his legacy, and The Book of the New Sun
Aug 8th, 2021 by ReReading Wolfe
The Ada Palmer Interview
Ada Palmer wrote the introductions to the latest edition of "Shadow & Claw" from Tor, "The Path of the New Sun" as well as to the upcoming "Sword & Citadel." And now she talks to us. Yay!
She is a professor of History at the University of Chicago and a scholar of the Renaissance. Her novel "Too Like the Lightning" was a Hugo Award nominee in 2017, and that year she won the John W Campbell award for Best New Writer.
* Writing the Distant Future of Global Politics by Ada Palmer
Things we talked about:
* Phoenix manga series by Osamu Tezuka
* Cesare Beccaria, 18th century Italian criminologist
* Neon Genesis Evangelion anime
This episode is sponsored by Glorious Introductions.
You can become a patron and hear additional episodes at https://www.patreon.com/rereadingwolfe
You can also get episodes on your podcast app or on our Youtube channel. If you have problems accessing the podcast on your favorite platform, let us know.
Questions, comments, corrections, additions, alternate theories?
Connect with us on on Facebook
- Intro from "The Alligator", Annihilation soundtrack by Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barrow
- Sponsor ad background music from "My Name Is" by Eminem
- Outro from "Mr. Unreliable" by The Inmates
- Logo art by SonOfWitz
Outros and alternate outros are cued on the Rereading Wolfe Podcast Spotify playlist IF the songs are available on Spotify.