Bonus: John Crowley talks about Hamlet’s Mill and a little bit about Wolfe
Sep 6th, 2020 by ReReading Wolfe
The John Crowley Interview
John Crowley has never read a whole Gene Wolfe story but he's read Hamlet's Mill and that is the only 20th-century work included in the Chrasmological Writings (The Book of the Long/Short Sun). So we talked to him about that and about related works.
Then Craig and James talk about why James is so obsessed with the Wolfe/Hamlet's Mill connection.
- Hamlet's Mill - Wikipedia
- Hamlet's Mill - Amazon
- Little Big by John Crowely - Amazon
- Aegypt franchise by John Crowley - Amazon
- A Fish Dinner in Memison by ER Eddison
- Thinking with Demons: The Idea of Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe by Stewart Clark
- Francis Yates
- Black Athena by Martin Bernal
- Focault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco
This episode is sponsored by The Precession of the Equinox.
You can also get episodes on your podcast app or on our Youtube channel.
If you have problems accessing the podcast on your favorite platform, let us know.
Questions, comments, corrections, additions, alternate theories?
Connect with us on on Facebook
- Intro from "The Alligator", Annihilation soundtrack by Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barrow
- Outro from "Lost In the Stars" [Kurt Veil] by Leonard Nimoy
- Logo art by SonOfWitz
Outros and alternate outros are cued on the Rereading Wolfe Podcast Spotify playlist IF the songs are available on Spotify.