tBotNS 1:32 The Play - Gene Wolfe’s The Shadow of the Torturer, The Book of the New Sun
Nov 1st, 2020 by ReReading Wolfe
The Shadow of the Torturer Chapter 32, "The Play"
Marc Aramini assists on this one to talk about symbolism and Talos's play. Severian and Dorcas try out some improv drama.
- On Ultan's Library: "A Weird Mystery: James Wynn considers Gene Wolfe’s 'A Borrowed Man'"
- Cody Martin doesn't think Thecla gets the treatment most exultants do after execution.
- Boombaptraprap talks about chapter 31 and Jung
- The Psychologist that Went Mad to Understand Madness
- Angus Townsend theorizes about Agilus and Kim Lee Soong
This episode is sponsored by Commedia Dell'Arte.
You can get episodes on your podcast app or on our Youtube channel.
Note: Youtube subscribers in some locales might not be able to access all the episodes. However, you can get every episodes at the website and on your favorite podcast app.
If you have problems accessing the podcast on your favorite platform, let us know.
Questions, comments, corrections, additions, alternate theories?
Connect with us on on Facebook
- Intro from "The Alligator", Annihilation soundtrack by Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barrow
- Outro from "Horrendous Disc" by Daniel Amos
- Logo art by SonOfWitz
Outros and alternate outros are cued on the Rereading Wolfe Podcast Spotify playlist IF the songs are available on Spotify.