tBotNS 1:33 Five Legs - Gene Wolfe’s The Shadow of the Torturer, The Book of the New Sun
Nov 15th, 2020 by ReReading Wolfe
The Shadow of the Torturer Chapter 33, "Five Legs"
Severian has a nightmare about going to political science class and having to take a test he didn't study for. Why are Severian's memories about Master Malrubius so fuzzy? What is the point of the events of this chapter? Hi, Triskele! Who's a good boy!
- A Weird Mystery: James Wynn considers Gene Wolfe’s ‘A Borrowed Man’
- Ultan's Library: A Curiously Conflicted Book: Craig Brewer reviews ‘Interlibrary Loan’
- Facebook: Discussions of Chapter 32, The Play
- Reddit: Discussions of Chapter 32, The Play
This episode is sponsored by Government Big Box.
You can get episodes on your podcast app or on our Youtube channel.
Note: Youtube subscribers in some locales might not be able to access all the episodes. However, you can get every episodes at the website and on your favorite podcast app.
If you have problems accessing the podcast on your favorite platform, let us know.
Questions, comments, corrections, additions, alternate theories?
Connect with us on on Facebook
- Intro from "The Alligator", Annihilation soundtrack by Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barrow
- Outro from "I Had Too Much to Dream" [The Electric Prunes] by Webb Wilder
- Logo art by SonOfWitz
Outros and alternate outros are cued on the Rereading Wolfe Podcast Spotify playlist IF the songs are available on Spotify.