tBotNS 1:19 The Botanic Gardens- Gene Wolfe’s The Shadow of the Torturer, The Book of the New Sun
May 4th, 2020 by ReReading Wolfe
The Shadow of the Torturer Chapter 19, "The Botanic Gardens"
Severian and Agia go to the Botanic Gardens discussing matters religious and historical. They visit the Sand Garden and then enter the Jungle Garden.
Author and journalist, Fabio Fernandez, joins Craig and James for this chapter. Fabio has just completed a series for Tor.com entitled Rereading Wolfe. Nice title.
- List of Fabio Fernandez's writings at Tor.com
- Regarding the word "Matachin"
- Who Are the Witches?
- GoonHandz about the Claw and McGuffins on Reddit
- Jordon Flato about the Claw on FB
This episode is sponsored by Argumentation Theory Services.
You can also get episodes on your podcast app or on our Youtube channel.
If you have problems accessing the podcast on your favorite platform, let us know.
Questions, comments, corrections, additions, alternate theories?
Connect with us on on Facebook
...or on Twitter @rereadingwolfe
...or on Instagram: rereadingwolfepodcast
...or on Reddit: rereadingwolfepodcast
- Intro from "The Alligator", Annihilation soundtrack by Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barrow
- Errata theme from "Godzilla Eats Las Vegas: Gawdsilla Eats Las Vegas!" by Eric Whitacre
- Outro from "Nightmare #71" by Larry Norman
- Logo art by SonOfWitz
Outros and alternate outros are cued on the Rereading Wolfe Podcast Spotify playlist IF the songs are available on Spotify.